Test a protected site
- Launch the Live Log Viewer (CLIENTLOG.EXE)
- Launch a browser (i.e. Internet Explorer)
- Type in Url http://domain.com/dafdemoprv (sample protected area):
- Access should be denied, and a login form should displayed (Basic or HTML)
- Type in a valid login/password pair.
With the sample XML user db,
"john" with password "left" is a valid pair
"jack" with password "blue" is an Expired account
- If session state is enabled (usually with HTML Login forms):
- you may view the list of users currently logged: right-click on the site and choose
[Lists/Sessions]. If prompted for
credentials, type in a local NT administrator login/password pair.
- the client may log off: click link log off or type url "http://domain.com/logoff.htm".
DAF filter (as IIS 6.0) starts on
demand, therefore the
first request may require a longer reply delay, typically
10 to 30 seconds.